Saturday, April 25, 2009

Party Invitations

I'll admit I was excited when my sister asked me to make the invitations for my niece's Sweet 16 birthday party. I was more excited when I saw all the supplies she'd bought to make them with! Pink, black & white (& a little bit of baby blue) with sheer ribbon & bling?!? Sweet! We decided on the layout, font & details together & I made them last night. I'm so happy with how they turned out! (and so is she!)

Here's how: I printed the wording using one of my fave fonts, "bleeding cowboy" onto pink cardstock. I then cut the cardstock & two other patterned papers to just the right staggered sizes. I grunged up the edges with paint, then used my acrylic stamps for the swirls & heart shapes and added the self-adhesive bling to finish it off. Punched holes in the top through all three papers & threaded the ribbon through. Tah Dah! I hope Chloe' likes them!

I (very quickly & poorly) edited these to hide the details (sorry, but you're not invited!)so the pics look a little tacky, but I just HAD to share them. The plate shows the party theme.

(the lighting makes the pink look totally different in these 2 pics)They look so much better in person.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

I've seen these in person and they are SO cute! The details show up pretty well if you click to enlarge the picture. Great job, Lindsay!