Thursday, June 23, 2011

Homemade Cilantro-Lime Salsa

While on a mission to make something summery & fresh to eat a few weeks ago, I decided to fly by the seat of my pants & make some fresh salsa. Man, was it good! (shameless brag) I have since made it again!

Ingredients:
3 large tomatoes
1 bundle of cilantro
1 lime
1 small container of chopped green onions (or chop 1 small bundle, if you're not as lazy as I am)
Salt to taste



I used my electric Black & Decker Handy Chopper (love it!) to chop the green onion up a little more...(sorry for the blurry pic.)

Then, after cutting off the stems, I chopped the whole bunch of cilantro. I LOVE cilantro!Next, I chopped all 3 tomatoes into a chunky puree...
I rolled the lime to release the juice inside, then cut 1 end off & squeezed all the juice into the mixture. I added salt & mixed it all up.

Then, we ate it with tortilla chips...
...and put it on our carne asada soft tacos!

The first time I made this salsa, we had it with chips & on top of grilled chicken breasts. YUM! Enjoy.

0 comments: