Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What Inspires Me Right Now





Most days, after Mason is in bed (with the exception of this week) I feel like a sponge, soaking in scrapbooking ideas, interesting photography, funky new music & artwork, and trying to remember to enjoy everyday details.

Here are my sources of CONSTANT inspiration:

Ali Edwards: She has been a fave of mine for a long time now and isn't quitting anytime soon. Ali is a self-proclaimed "life artist" and everyday details are everything to her. Her work has opened my eyes to the little things that happen during a day (especially now with a child involved) that deserve attention and remembrance. I love her style--it's so real & refreshing.

Elsie Flannigan: Elsie adds a fun, funky, retro artsy twist to everything she touches. Not only is she an awesome scrapbooker, but she's also a painter and has a store on Etsy. She reminds me to let loose a little...

flickr: an unending source of photos that dealve into the lives of us all. Truly universal, intriguing and mind-opening.

My Creating Keepsakes Inspiration Binder: I've been a subscriber to this magazine since 2002 and my heart still skips a beat when it arrives in the mailbox. Keeps me on top of the latest scrapbooking trends.
I'm in the process of going thru each issue (yes, dating back to 2002!) and tearing out pages that I want to keep for inspiration. I'm putting them into a HUGE 3 ring binder with page protectors inside. (PICS ABOVE) That way I can flip thru anytime I need a quick fix. So far it's 250 pages! I'm totally in love with it right now!

HubPages articles: I really love browsing other writer's articles and I'm enjoying writing my own as well. It's really given me a boost of confidence in my writing and I like the "ongoing project" feel of writing articles.

Mason: Of course my sweet boy gives me constant subject matter to scrapbook and makes each day worth while!

Last but not least, this real, gritty, self-reflective post from John Mayer on his blog. If that's not inspiration, I don't know what is.

0 comments: