Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Paint Supplies



Since several people have asked me what paint & supplies I use, I thought I'd just do a quick post about it.
I use the brand Amsterdam (formerly called Van Gogh-some of the tubes still say that) of acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby. They come in a tube and are the less expensive kind that they carry. I also get my canvases from Hobby Lobby (they go on sale frequently) and the wooden frames come from Wal-Mart (as of now.) As far as brushes go~I HATE natural hair bristles. They leave yucky streaks in the paint (maybe I'm not using them correctly) but I would definitely recommend using synthetic nylon brushes. The paint goes on so much smoother.
Hope this helps!

2 comments:

Alison said...

THANK YOU!!!! I wish i would have checked your blog before i left for walmart. i got everything there because i didn't want to go all the way to hobby lobby. we'll see....
i have some stuff i want to drop off to get monogrammed. i'll email you about it later.

Lindsay said...

No problem~your frames turned out great!