Sunday, January 18, 2009

What to do with all those Christmas cards...

This is the fourth year that I've made a scrapbook page out of the Christmas cards family and friends have sent us. I cringe at trashing them and always try to recycle them when I can. This is a super fast & easy way to do that. I use a big punch (I just have a circle & a square in the huge size) and punch out a pretty part of the card. Sometimes I punch more than once out of the same card. This year we didn't get that many cards, so I did that this year. Then I arrange them in some sort of pattern and viola! You could even write beside the punch or somewhere else on the layout who gave you each card, if you wanted to. I personally don't include photo cards, but you could if you so desired. (as always, click the pic the view larger)
There's another way to recycle cards here.

2008~I cut a bow out of felt to turn the punches into a "present"


2007~I made a banner-type flag (notice the Nativity is in the center & turned slightly so it would stand out)


2006~I went circular


2005~simple & clean (I like how the title is the only circle)

3 comments:

Sherri said...

These are so neat! It is a great idea for those cards. I have the cards we have gotten over the years - all 25 years worth! They're in a box, I pack away every year with the rest of the decorations. Just can't bring myself to throw them away...

Lela said...

Great idea. I have a huge box of cards dating back 15 years. Yeah, I'm a pack rat on some things.... I really like this idea - maybe I'll do a HUGE collage type thing that can go over my fireplace at Christmas time.... Maybe....

sthanlon said...

Love it! I usually cut the front off with just the picture and give it to the nursing home. They use them for projects there. But I like this and maybe I can pick out a few to do this too! It looks great! Very impressive!