I'm not one to skip over one holiday to jump to the next~I love Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to it. However, I've gotten started on a few Christmas holiday projects/decorations to try to stay ahead of the game this year. (ya right) I wanted to share these with you~they are Christmas cards we received last year that I saved. They were just too cute to throw out! Just like the Halloween framed jack-o-lantern, I used 2 frames that were put away in a cabinet that I haven't used in a while. Their 5x5 size complimented these 2 cards nicely. I cut them down a little & popped them in the frames. Since they have 3D elements, I put the glass behind them to keep it with the frame & provide stability. I just love them & know they will look good sitting on a little table somewhere for the holidays. I know our friend's the Tyndalls sent us the wreath card~so thanks for sending such a cute card for me to recycle!
Added bonus: thought I'd include these 2 scrapbook pages I made a while back. Not the best picture quality.
Wayne & Mason (May 2007, 9 1/2 months)
Wayne & Mason (April 2007, 9 months)
Fruit Punch
2 years ago









3 comments:
Neat idea for those "old" cards! They turned out very cute!
Love the new background!
I have about 15 years worth of Christmas cards. Or wait, did I throw some out last year? I can't remember. Anyway, got any ideas? I could probably cover an entire wall!
Wow-I'd love to see your cards, Lela!
You could make lots of things out of them if you don't mind cutting them up--gift tags, frame your faves, or cut out parts of them & make a big collage & frame them all together (hang it up every Christmas holiday in your house.)
If you don't want to cut them up, you could put them in a 5x7 (or whatever size would accommodate) photo album so that you & your family/guests could flip through them--Keep it out on your coffee table.
Post a Comment