Last weekend, I visited a local charity thrift store that I've been to several times & enjoyed. Well, this time, I really hit the jackpot! The store was packed full, so they must have just gotten done putting a bunch of "new" stuff out. I got ALL of this--plus the toy Ambulance pictured below--for $28!!
I love how they happen to have the baby girl clothing right next to the toy section so I can shop for clothes for my daughter while my son peruses the toys. Maybe that's how I ended up with 3 dresses, 4 shirts, a pair of capri pants, and a pair of Stride Right shoes (that look new)~each for $1 to $1.50! I found a Fisher Price plush sea horse for $1 that I've almost purchased several times for full price at Walmart. It's belly glows & it makes the softest music ever! I also got a FP Elephant toy that plays music & happens to match a train set we already own.
I found this toy ambulance in a cart of items that had just been priced & ready to put out on the floor. I snatched it up & my son was thrilled. At first I didn't even realize it, but then I noticed that it's Playmobil. If you're not familiar with Playmobil, they make wonderful, detailed (Expensive!) toys. When we got home, I couldn't help but to look up this exact ambulance online to see what it retails for...it's $45! Guess what I paid? Yep, $1! SCORE!
My son has been asking for the game "Operation." While at the check out, an employee wheeled out a cartload of games & I spotted it-the original version that I had as a kid--for $1 of course!
I'm so happy with this lamp! I've been keeping my eye out for a new lamp for my office that I could spray paint & spruce up. Well, I found this solid wood one that will match nicely for $6. I'm almost sad that I don't have to do anything to it to make it pretty. Thinking about distressing it a little, though. I threw in that raw wood open frame for a future project of some sort. So I know I've been going ON & ON about my amazing finds...but did I lie?!?!! ;) Best trip ever.
I'm linking up here:
Go check out the other thrifty finds!
Fruit Punch
2 years ago









4 comments:
Awesome finds! After being obsessed with Figgy Pudding, I want to start going to garage sales. Which resale store was this? I've been wanting to stop by the one in Village on the Creeks.
Hey Lindsay,
Glad you stopped by my blog from Kellyskorner! Love all your adorable frames! I am in the LR area...I see you are in NWAR. I've enjoyed finding other AR bloggers! Do you know Kelly personally?
Hope to connect again.
Love
Amanda
K so so jealous of your finds!! All of then are in such good quality. I love that they were all like $1. And that lamp will look so cute after you spruce it up!!
Thanks so much for linking up. I love your finds this week!
Lyssa
Great finds! I love the game Operation! :) Love that lamp too.
Thanks for your handprint art link. I love how you have them hanging and all the fun colors! They look great!
Post a Comment