I just wanted to share a couple small things I've done around the house recently that have made a big impact. First, I REALLY wish I would have taken a BEFORE picture of this flower arrangement. I'm usually so good about remembering to do that, but not this time. So you'll have to believe me when I tell you that the flowers were so faded and the leaves were so dirty that I just couldn't stand it anymore! I love this arrangement--it's in a metal basket with moss and the best part is that I only paid $3 for it at a church rummage sale a few years ago!
So...what I decided to do was pull all the old, faded flowers off and hot glue new, vibrant flowers on. I throughly wiped down (ok--I scrubbed!) the leaves and I also threaded ribbon through the metal basket and added a bow. It looks so fresh now and is a nice pop of color for Summer on my front porch. Loving the "revamp"!
My mom gave me this champagne colored satin tie/scarf and I dug in my old jewelry box and found the pink bling brooch.
I just tied the scarf on, tucked in the ends, and pinned on the brooch. I may still mess with it, but for now it looks much better than the plain white shade!









0 comments:
Post a Comment