Monday, March 10, 2008

A New Way to Scrap

I've wanted to try this ever since I first saw it. It's a scrapbooking trend to use divided photo album refills instead of the traditional page protectors that come in your scrapbook. This allows for many different sized pages to be all in one album--it's just visually more interesting.
So far I'm loving it.
The refill pages are inexpensive and easy to work with and it's given me the jump start that I needed! Of course I won't use them for all pages. I would miss creating my usual 12x12 layouts and having all that room to play with, not to mention, they look best when put amongst your regular sized pages.
To make these, I pulled photo topics out of my "to do" file that just had 2 or 3 pics to work with, so you won't find a major event that has 10 pics that I want to scrap--just little everday things that I didn't want to forget. These refill pages are great for that and to get them scrapped quickly and move on to bigger things.

I first got the idea from Ali Edwards(she's awesome) and she just posted her album HERE. You can really see how good the pages look all put together in her album.

My pics are very glarry--I tried to take them at an angle that wouldn't make a glare on the plastic page, tried taking them without the flash, with the flash--anyway this is the best I could get them to come out.

My pages stacked together:


And individually:




0 comments: