Saturday, July 14, 2012

Kids' Canvas Name Art

This is a fun art project that your child gets to help make! My son and I made this last Fall but I'm just now getting around to sharing it.

My son always wants to paint while I'm painting and I thought this would be a cute sign for him to make for his bedroom.

Step 1:
Paint canvas a solid color. This is the color your child's name will be. It also helps in case he/she doesn't get the canvas completely covered with paint and so white won't show through.

Step 2:
After the paint has dried, spell your child's name out in removable stickers.
You can use:
A. Painters tape (good if your child's name is short and doesn't have many curvy letters) or
B. Large letter stickers or
C. Cut out adhesive vinyl letters from a Cricut or other cutting system. (This is what I did.)


Step 3: Let your child go wild painting on the canvas--assuring that the letters get covered really well.

Step 4: Let it dry, then peel the letter stickers off to reveal your child's name!


I used a staple gun to attach a ribbon to the back of the canvas...

Then I attached 2 removable Command hooks to his bedroom door and hooked the painting on.


Here are my kids' bedroom doors! I made the ribbon wreath for my daughter's door and I have since added a large painted wooden letter in the center. I love having their names/initials on their bedroom doors!


If you'd like to see another kids canvas art idea, check out our Annual Handprint Art

1 comments:

Alphabet Photography said...

Your kids canvas name art is outstanding. You defined it step by step that really good and enjoyable.