Monday, July 16, 2012

Scrapbook Mini Album: My Top Tens

It's been a while since I've shared anything about scrapbooking...mainly because I haven't been scrapbooking! :( I plan to have another one of my "Scrapbook Frenzy Weeks" very soon to get myself motivated and on the slow journey to getting caught up.

But that's a whole other post...this post is about a mini album. One that I happened to make back in 2004 before I had 2 kids. Don't worry-it's not outdated and is actually something great to make and look back on in say...eight years or so when you've changed a bit.

This album consists of lists of my top ten favorites in many different categories, so of course they have changed over time. And that's the fun part! Back in 2004, I chose to make a "Top Ten" album because, well, I actually used to have time before I had kids to think about something other than kids! LOL! Don't get me wrong--I LOVE my kiddos and I love to scrapbook about them, but I do miss those days of getting my photos developed and immediately scrapping them and then anxiously awaiting the next round! Now I'm about 5 years behind. Literally.

I haven't made many mini scrapbooks over the years. I usually prefer to work with 12x12 and document the everyday happenings of my family as well as birthdays & holidays--you know, the usual. However, I found that creating a mini album is a great way to contain one subject matter and keep a continuous theme going throughout to unify it.
But enough babbling--Here's the album! I hope you can gather some inspiration and go make your own. Or if you've already made a top ten favorites album, please leave me a link in the comments so I can go check yours out.


The front cover: I added the stickers for the title. The album is a retro shabby chic style. Or if you know of a better way to describe it, let me know. :) This style was definitely out of my comfort zone, but I'm glad I tried it. Oh, and it's a 6x6 album.

(Click on the photos to see them a little bit bigger...)


Page 1: An explanation of what the album is. I also included the year and my age at the time for posterity.

My Top Ten Favorite...

Pages 2 & 3: Movies

Page 4: Books
Page 5: TV Shows
Page 6: Stores
Page7: Clothes & Shoes (A true sign of the times! Try to imagine if your great grandmother would have made a page like this...Priceless!)

Page 8: Singers & Bands
Page 9: Restaurants

Page 10: Drinks
Page 11: Food


Page 12: Songs I listen to when I'm Sad
Page 13: Songs I listen to when I'm Happy


Page 14: Smells
Page 15: Sounds
Notice we're using all of our senses? :)


Page 16: Things I Like To Do in My Free Time
Page 17: Colors

Page 18: Holidays
Page 19: Places


Page 20: Actors
Page 21 Actresses

Page 22: Things That Make Me Cry
Page 23: Things That Make Me Laugh


Page 24: Sports
Page 25: Things I Can't Live Without

And for some reason, I stopped there & left the last back page blank. Weird.

Anyway, I'm sure you can come up with some other great categories...What about Top Ten Fave:
Vacation Spots, Things I love to do with my kids/husband/friends/mom, Scrapbook Supplies...So many fun things to document!

0 comments: